I try to prioritize spending one on one time with my daughter. She’s a very smart and emotional 4 year old, still adjusting to being a big sister. Week nights are packed with tasks and processes for getting dinner done, preparing for the next day and then preparing for bed. I get home at 7p, or later, so we don’t get much time to just exist during the week.
She’s always done well at restaurants and surprisingly, doctor or dentist appointments (which she still thinks are fun activities lol). After that short list of options here are a few other cheap or free things we take few hours to do:
- Leisurely strolls through Ikea and then their super affordable lunch
- Local water features like the one in Riverdale Park, Downtown SilverSpring or Georgetown waterfront.
- Neighborhood parks with snacks packed
- The little rides at the mall lol
- Perusing Whole foods produce section and then their pizza is her favorite
- Any local events or story times, however, I like to be on our own time with no pressure so these are often ditched
- Gardening and looking for worms
We just put her in ballet class and she loves it. So now I just stay out with her a bit after that. Here we were today.
Post a Comment